Java Software Engineer
What you’ll need to do:
- Work together in cross-functional teams (Engineering, ops and product) and co-own product delivery end-to- end
- We understand that things can occasionally go wrong and we want to work with people who can calmly deal with the immediate crisis; are happy to get stuck in to help fix the issue at hand and then work out the root cause and effectively deal with it
- You’ll need the ability to build and deploy efficiently
- Not be afraid to take ownership over projects
- Work collectively with peers and be able to contribute to new tech discussions
- Commercial experience in Java (legacy projects in Java 8, new product development in Java 11)
- Experience working in a continuous automation / deployment / delivery environment
- Good understanding of APIs and REST
- Practical understanding of the Spring framework
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Strong bias in test-driven development (TDD) and automation (unit, feature, integration and regression)
- Exposure to building applications on cloud platforms, familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of how to work on a *nix desktop environment (OS X, GNU/Linux) and be familiar with the terminal
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with creating microservices
- Commercial experience in a regulated industry
- Willing to attend conferences and meet-ups
- A keen contributor to open source projects
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?