Head of Content
We are looking for a dedicated, highly experienced and content-obsessed 'Head of Content' to join the Nutmeg Marketing team and lead a team of communications professionals overseeing Nutmeg's content, social messaging and copywriting functions.
This role owns the end to end development and delivery of all Nutmeg's original, repurposed and social communications from development to execution, playing a key role in accelerating the growth of our business via extending our content reach, social community engagement, SEO and challenger brand voice and furthering our mission of empowering generations of investors.
By leading our content and messaging strategy, this role will be directly responsible for driving the organic growth, reputation and brand equity of Nutmeg, the UK's leading Digital Wealth Manager, managing more than £1bn of client assets for over 60k customers. They will plan and manage the annual Nutmeg content and messaging calendar, regularly intervening with real time influencer and social media opportunities.
Key results will include increasing Nutmeg’s share of voice in media and digital channels, increasing non-paid traffic, conversion through engagement. Velocity of content and assets production via channels such as our blog, website and app content, social media and influencer outreach, internal and external comms, branded digital partnership, campaigns and editorial relationships will be a key indicator of success.
This is a critical role at Nutmeg, reporting into the Marketing Director and frequently working with the C-Suite and high-profile stakeholders.
What you’ll need to do:
- Be the ‘content voice’ of Nutmeg, championing our mission, values and guidelines at every content and customer touch point and opportunity; instilling the best content practises into the wider teams.
- Design, implement and plan all content in blogs, social media, site content and brand outreach activity to drive organic traffic and brand health metrics.
- Manage internal writers, content agency and creative production relationships, budget planning and allocation and content performance reporting.
- Communicate new campaigns, correct brand positioning and content successes to a broader audience with regular ‘lunch and learns’ and company-wide updates.
- Creating messaging matrix’s for target segments and prime prospect groups by product and create bespoke content for specific audiences.
- Create and deliver a strategy to grow and engage our social media communities, and work with the People team on an employer brand strategy to attract and retain top talent to the brand.
- Be accountable for identifying and evaluating event opportunities for Nutmeg and managing Nutmeg’s brand presence at events and conferences.
- Develop and deliver Nutmeg's corporate and events strategy and activations.
- As part of the customer leadership group, ensure user experience, proposition and product development is aligned and positioned accurately in messaging and content targeting for Nutmeg’s prime prospect groups.
- Drive Nutmeg brand values and guidelines through all communications in the Nutmeg business, including marketing, product and corporate comms.
- Effectively lead and inspire a cross-functional team of financial communications experts including investment, customer services and marketing.
- Be accountable for adherence and full understanding of all FCA, CAP and ASA compliant content and communications, accountable for all activities aligned to Nutmeg’s internal and external processes, customer and regulatory obligations.
What we’re looking for
- Social media and digital content expert - a passion for being at the forefront of creating remarkable digital and social media, and influencer strategies to engage and convert audiences.
- The ability to ignite creativity within the team and harness it within a regulated environment
- Engaging and inspiring leadership style, experienced leading and developing highly engaged teams of at least three people, providing real time coaching and feedback, setting clear and monitoring clear targets and direction and career development plans.
- Depth of experience managing a content stack: i.e., CMS and blogs, social platforms, newsletters, digital advertising and improving content and sign off processes.
- An experienced brand marketing professional with a strong track record of leading high-profile consumer brands and building engaged teams in tech driven growth businesses.
- Demonstrable achievement of driving successful, cohesive content strategies through to execution across all channels and device agnostic to achieve set targets, including SEO friendly website content, blogs, videos, social media campaigns underpinned by our organisational values, tone, brand guidelines, look and feel.
- Background in managing high profile events and partnerships, applying the correct use of the Nutmeg proposition and brand to drive customer acquisition, share of voice and retention.
- Deep experience building brand proposition and messaging matrix’s for target segments and prime prospect groups.
- A strong knowledge of brand management processes, with a history of delivering campaigns utilising insight and segmentation to develop brand value propositions and messaging.
- The ability to utilise and transform data and complex numeric information into elegant editorial, visual and engaging content assets.
- A forward and organised planner, able to coordinate and lead cross functional teams to deliver on the communications plan and Nutmeg product roadmap.
- Consumer Financial Services or an investment banking background is a strong plus.
- Ability to lead all creative development and delivery, working closely with marketing, product, UX and senior stakeholders to deliver on-brand copy, content, digital assets and advertising campaigns.
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?