Technical Lead - CRM
Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of re-building our award-winning, multi-channel, investment management platform and are looking to expand our Engineering team with a Technical Lead.
We run a strong domain ownership model. As a Technical Lead you will be a credible engineering leader, in charge of a team of engineers, technically savvy to influence your team’s technical implementations and confident enough to challenge architecture decisions as you maintain focus on strongly finishing initiatives and demonstrating customer value every step of the way.
What are we looking for?
- An effective leader in a cross-functional team, under a strong ownership model; the delivery function is co-owned by Product and Engineering with end-to-end domain accountability (from design to operations)
- Great team player with strong technical background, focused on achieving best outcomes collaboratively among a group of peers with equally strong technical views
- Ability to manage delivery of a cross-stack technical team across a number of concurrent initiatives, track dependencies and resolve blockers
- Strong people management qualities; focus on acquiring, retaining and growing talent. Form and evolve a highly effective delivery team
- Set customer-centric goals and retain razor-sharp focus on achieving them
- Data-driven; establish and track metrics across delivery, systems health and customer journeys
- Establish a culture of high-quality engineering
What you’ll need to do:
- Own a set of technical and customer journey areas, end-to-end; including domain knowledge, operational support, technical debt, maintenance and enhancements
- Implement tracking and health metrics to monitor systems but also customer/system interactions and behaviours
- Work with your peers in the Product team to build a meaningful backlog to best achieve business objectives
- Be accountable for delivering a set of project initiatives against a roadmap
- Establish delivery ceremonies and a strong agile cadence. Measure and improve the team’s delivery performance
- Collaborate with principal engineers to form technical solutions and direct the team towards implementing them
- Maintain alignment with architects and follow agreed technical strategies
- Line-manage a cross-stack engineering team; set goals, support development and build up the team’s delivery capability
- Manage the delivery process from backlog grooming to implementation and operational support
Inside the Nutmeg shell:
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?