Head of Pensions
As the Head of Pensions you will be a pensions expert with a mission to elevate Nutmeg’s pension product as the premium choice for our target market and strengthen our position as a credible pension provider.
Reporting to the Commercial Proposition Director, you will be identifying business opportunities and new products and will be part of what takes Nutmeg to the next level of continued growth and expanding our market share. You will be responsible for ensuring our proposition is market leading and suitable for existing and future clients.
- Analyze the market and identify business opportunities for a new product area
- Assess market opportunity and how Nutmeg will fit into this
- Identify those opportunities and create a strategic “go to market” business plan - what are the products, what is the opportunity and then making this a reality
- Author, manage and gain sign off for the new business initiatives
- Analyze trends across the market and competitors
You will also work closely with the Communications Team to lead transformation in the industry on behalf of Nutmeg customers. By keeping on top of the uncertain policy and regulations environment and influencing at every level, you will act as the public face of Nutmeg, push our unique offering, shape our position on the industry, and communicate this to policymakers and the public.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a strategic policy agenda for the pension, investment and saving industries
- Manage our relationships with regulators, government, parliament and other public service organisations
- Contact with journalists to deliver consistent company messages to media and maximise coverage
- Provide quotes / research for press releases, comments and social activity
- Speak at conferences about the pensions/savings landscape
- Build a network of journalists and key influencers
- In-depth knowledge of Pensions products and the savings and investment industry in general
- Extensive background in propositions development, product management and customer experience is essential
- Demonstrable skills in customer focused strategy development
- Proven market and customer segmentation experience – identifying the value pools within a market and developing differentiated propositions based on insight
- Financial services experience is essential, ideally Investment Management, Pensions
- Strong business planning experience
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Fantastic contacts within the industry to help drive political, media and regulatory engagement
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?