As the Investment Writer your mission will be to demonstrate Nutmeg’s investment expertise and continue to challenge the market leadership in personal investments. Working closing with the investment and communications team, this newly-created role, will position Nutmeg as a trusted investment commentator among customers, consumer and investment press and peers.
The role’s main purpose is to produce customer-facing insights, articles and reports on financial market trends and Nutmeg’s investment strategy, as part of the content team. In addition, the Investment Writer will work closely with the PR team, writing articles and opinion pieces for consumer press and industry publications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce commentary, periodic reports, investment messages, white papers, thought leadership pieces and engaging content for Nutmeg customers and prospects
- Keep up-to-date with market news and trends, to inform and educate our customers, and drive organic traffic
- Work closely with the investment team to produce engaging content on investment strategy across all asset classes and investment styles, including ESG
- Act as a product specialist for Nutmeg’s investment strategy to internal and external clients, including the delivery of detailed responses to more complex customer queries on investment
- Convert in-house investment research into content that supports PR activity in mainstream consumer and industry press, including media briefings and industry presentations
- Edit and tailor content for use across a variety of channels, including the Nutmegonomics blog, social, in-app communications, video and direct customer contact
- Adhere to a distinctive ‘house style/voice’ in both external and internal communications
- Contribute ideas for, and create, new marketing materials to support customer acquisition
- Support the wider customer and commercial teams
- Financial services experience is essential, in investment or wealth management
- In-depth knowledge of investment products and the savings and investment industry in general
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Skills to translate complex information into clear, accurate and compelling messages, adapting to different channels and audiences
- Ability to generate new ideas for high quality investment content
- Clear, distinctive, compliant copy across all reports and written communications
- Accuracy and timeliness of report and article delivery
- Adherence to regulatory processes and requirements
- Ability to manage longer-term projects as well as shorter-term reactionary pieces
- Good understanding of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and WordPress
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?