What you’ll need to do:
- Own and re-define our core data and event model at an organisational level to enable Nutmeg to scale to meet our customer’s needs
- Write code! This is a very hands-on role, there are no ivory towers here
- Continually improving our operational processes and technology
- Assess the viability and value of new technologies and patterns, working to ensure we align with the business’s technical aims for scalability and growth, demonstrating a realistic approach to tool selection
- Help Nutmeg to choose new vendor partners
- Work with the wider engineering team to define and implement technical standards and improvements
- Get involved with performance monitoring and capacity planning for our data needs.
- Defining and implementing the engineering strategy. You will be working with the leadership team to define technology direction influenced by the business strategy
- Work across various teams (including Engineering/Product and Data Science), to deliver flexible, scalable but pragmatic solutions
What we are looking for:
- Experience with multiple RDBMS and NoSQL datastores.
- Worked with distributed systems, built on message-based, Event Driven architecture.
- Strong understanding of transactional vs eventually consistent approaches.
- Demonstrable experience with data modelling
- Have been a significant contributor to at least one IT strategy. Have worked with a release pipeline that adheres to the principles of Continuous Delivery
Nice to have:
- Experience with stream processing technologies, like Spark or Kafka, and Event Sourcing applications.
- Worked in a regulated industry, particularly Financial Services
- Mitigated the scalability/maintainability problems of a legacy system
- Involved in the expansion of a product into multiple markets
- Experience delivering talks at conferences and meetups
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?