Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of building out our award-winning, multi-channel, investment management platform and are looking to expand our team with a Front-End Engineer.
We believe that the quality of our software and services is something everyone in the tech team is responsible for and that ownership and empowerment are key. As a Front End Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining and improving our customer facing mobile applications, leveraging our own REST APIs. You will be working in a cross-organisational team alongside key stakeholders from Product, Ops and Marketing.
- Must be comfortable with HTML and CSS/CSS Pre-processors
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails will be highly beneficial but not essential
- Solid experience with REST APIs and keen to dig deeper into the stack
- Experience with building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms
- Delivery experience on cloud platforms and familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Must know how to work on a *nix client environment (OS X, GNU/Linux) and be familiar with the terminal
Nice to have:
- Commercial experience in a regulated industry
- Willing to attend conferences and meet-ups
- A keen contributor to open source projects
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?